Second Chef- Part time Head Chef Role to work at least:
-Saturday Evenings 5pm-10pm
-Wednesday & Friday Evenings 4pm-10pm
-Saturday Mornings 9am-5pm
Salary dependent upon age, competence, ambition, attitude etc. but always top quartile
Hours would be part time covering current head chef’s holidays/sickness/events/weekends etc. leading to more hours as this ambitious new business builds it’s reputation
Currently open from 8am to 9pm for breakfast/lunch/supper/all day cake + a la carte menu
Could suit a parent looking for part-time work etc.
Head Chef skills sought, within this smaller close friendly team orientated business with 125+ garden covers, with willingness to do all prep & kitchen porter tasks without arrogance so this job may suit both competent high functioning junior or an experienced seasoned professional.
Rose offers top quartile salaries with incentive bonus schemes so requires staff who strive for quality, competence with flair. Stop! Read that again; it is binding contractually.
MUST have capability to cook the best tasting food this side of Hibiscus. Stop! Read that again; it is binding contractually.
- honest & open about matters related to the business
- operate as one of many Head Chefs (able to accommodate an Exec chef’s input)
- self motivated
- self driven to follow recipes respectfully,
- plenty of personal creative scope invited
- Top hygiene standards,
- ‘can do’ attitude. Stop! Read that again; it is binding contractually.
- ‘can do’ ability. Stop! Read that again; it is binding contractually.
- sans arrogance. Stop! Read that again; it is binding contractually.
- pass a DBS check; Stop! Read that again; it is binding contractually.
- approximate a recipe costing
Bonus Scheme or Increased salary Requirements:
- flexible job cover ability welcome (eg beverage/general management/accounts etc.),
- IT literacy basic spreadsheets; GDRIVE; GMAIL
- organised (off paper) to accept instructions/directions once only
- ‘can do’ progressive attitude; no blame/cannot do types
- Prescriptions to be declared.
- kitchen staff scheduling
- ability to apply cost benefit to food preparation & cooking
- high functioning
Creation and delivery of daily menus, dishes & especially seasonal specials
Training apprentice chefs, line cooks, and other kitchen staffers
Management of Division of labor within kitchen stations
Inventory control. Stop! Read that again; it is binding contractually.
Food cost control. Stop! Read that again; it is binding contractually.
Staff supervision and scheduling
Sanitation and hygiene
Basic Equipment maintenance/End User Appliance Programming. Stop! Read that again; it is binding contractually.
Banquets and occasional external catering
Peer Quality by example. Stop! Read that again; it is binding contractually.
Cross-marketing for increased sales – pairing juices/smoothies/beer/wine with food, etc.
Cover other company roles as required (small company with little slack)
Kitchen Porter Required for restaurant kitchen Redruth
Candidate must be free of anti-social criminal record or character; non-addictive type/no alcoholics/prescription drugs/mental health issues/any relevant diagnosed medical or personality or Equality Act condition to be declared
Please submit IQ125 or better & character reference or DBS check
Must be self-motivated and able to work well as a team member
Physically fit; not clumsy; able to climb stairs carrying heavy items.
Washing in commercial dishwasher
Must be able to double as waiting staff
Be Co-ordinated and able to understand an end user manual operate appliances without error.
Be friendly and reliable
Work in accordance with the Food Safety Act, health and safety regulations.
Self-motivate to keep areas clean/organised/indexed/stock controlled
Maintaining high presentation standards including a clean uniform, permitted jewellery only, and clean and tidy nails and hair
Level 2 Food Hygiene would be an advantage
The benefits of joining Rose Cottage Tavern:
Training and feedback on your performance
* Long-term career opportunities in an industry leading unique trail blazing gastropub concept model
* Staff discount on meals
* 28 holiday days each year pro-rata
* Laundry/Uniform covered
Rates of pay starting on living wage; fast increase based upon performance capped to upper quartile;
AM & PM shifts; contract based upon 40 hr week or flexible to suit
Must be able to work evenings and weekends sometimes very early/late
Apply to support @ rosecottagetavern.com
TR15 2 Redruth